Know in Detail about The Chartered Accountant Course
The degree of CA is given to any accounting professional who is credible enough to get a certificate from the statutory body. You have to excel in the field of business, accounting, taxation, corporate law, etc. The reputed Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) gives this recognition, taking care of professions like CA preparation in Kolkata and India.
Know More About CA Course Details
The course of Chartered Accountant has three levels of examination-
- Foundation course or CPT (Common Proficiency Test)
- Intermediate or IPCC (Integrated Professional Competence Course)
- Final Examination
You can apply for the course after 12th examination. After graduation, you can register in the Intermediate course through the Option for Direct Entry. Students without a graduate degree should clear the intermediate level exams, one held by the Institute of Company secretaries in India or The Institute of Cost Accountants of India.
The Step by Step Method To Plan the Course
Register with the BOS for getting into the Foundation Course. It is a four-month course and for those who apply after Class 12.
Registration for the Intermediate Course is scheduled for eight months. You can apply for either one of all groups of subjects or both. If you want a direct entry, you can appear for the exam after practical training for nine months. Students can also enrol for four-month Integrated Course on Information Technology and Soft Skills (ICITSS). You have to work with a CA firm which is authorized to give you training.
Register for the final exam after training for 2.5 years. Complete the AICITS or Advanced Integrated Course on Information Technology and Soft Skills course. After three years of practical training and exam completion, you get the CA degree certificate.
- For the Foundation Course, you have to pass class 12.
- For Direct Entry, you should have a graduation or post-graduation degree from a recognized university
- You can give the Intermediate level exam from the ICSI or ICAI.
Skills Needed to Become A CA
In the business world, being a CA is one of the toughest challenges. The companies hiring you will check and evaluate your competency levels. They undergo a thorough skill assessment, like analyzing your financial knowledge and more. Hence, to become a successful CA, you should brush up the following skills –
- Analytical Skill
- Commercial Awareness
- Professionalism and Ethics
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Focus on every single detail
- Potential for direct communication
Key Responsibilities after Becoming a CA
Chartered Accounting’s profession can look all glamorous; but as the employee, you should have the potential to convey your best. It includes the technical segments, taxation, auditing etc. You must know how to review the businesses’ financial status, work as an advisory, secure loan, prepare projections of financial statements, etc. Remember that you can be a representative of the government.
- Engage thoroughly into creating finance budgets and more
- Conduct several audits to check the business’s financial status
- Act as an advice-giver to clients
- Give input of sound financial information
- The advice in regards to tax planning, acquisition of the company, risks and merging etc
- Prevent the incidence of monetary frauds and also balancing the irregularities in finance
- Produce and re-check analytical reports and recommendations
- Conduct an internal and external audit
- Show scopes for financial improvement of the business
Duration of the CA course
There is no fixed duration. However, the entire course of becoming a Chartered Accountant usually gets completed within one year. The minimum age limit of joining these courses is 17 years.
At Prep Right, we take CA courses for students of all levels, providing quality education for all so that they can successfully achieve their dream and see it come true.